We are recently trying to implement a calendering solution for fedora as it would enable us to keep track of meetings, tasks, release dates, QA days, and events seamlessly without having edit the wiki, or converting time to our own timezones.
I tried out many solutions but I found most of the solutions will not serve our purpose.
Correct me if I am wrong and also let me know if there are other solutions exist.
1. Calender Server : No Web based GUI. Dropped.
2 Bongo Project – : Alpha, in their own terms, not suitable for production. Dropped.
3. Bedework -(BSD License): Requires sun JAVA. Dropped.
4. DAViCal – (GPLv2): Need stand alone clients, no web based frontend!! Dropped.
5. OpenGroupWare – (GPL or LGPL): Too messy. Dropped.
5.1. SOGo Requires LDAP, we have none. Dropped.
6. Chandler Project – (Apache v2.0): Will try out today.
7. Zikula – Candidate
8. Citadel – Candidate
For details, and access, please refer to ticket 1197